Friday 25 July 2014

MY NAME IS ‘PROUD’



Throughout the scriptures we have been told that pride is sin. In Proverbs 16:18-19 we are told that “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall…” In fact Satan was cast out of heaven because of pride (Isaiah 14:12-15)
Pride is sinful as since it does not give God the credit but takes the credit for something that God has accomplished to oneself. Pride is nothing but a form of idol worship – worshipping oneself! One must remember that whatever we are today is because of God and not because of our doing or our being. We must give God alone the glory for He alone deserves it (1 Corinthians 4:7)
The following little excerpt is the personification of Pride.

My name is PROUD. I accompany all people on this planet. Some try their best to get me out of their lives, but some welcome me like their chief guest. Naturally I love the latter! Yet I must state that at times I sneak into the back yard of people's lives and exist for so long in a subtle kind of manner that they at times don't even realize that I am hanging around. Such people go around with an outer garb of my bitterest enemy HUMILITY. It suits me for Humility forms the perfect veil for me to thrive. I can thus prosper in the state of mind of individuals though not making my presence felt in the way they live, and surely invisible to the outside world. 
Well, I can also make my presence felt in the loudest possible fashion. This makes me so visible to the public that I get christened with another name viz. ARROGANT. Sure the name does suit me!
I exist wherever there is Fame, Beauty, Money, Power, or Talent. They are my lifetime companions. Yet I can even exist without them. As you see I am Proud, and I don’t need any support mechanism, nor reason to survive! However my best friend is EGO. Without Ego I genuinely am lonely and vulnerable. Ego is really very smart. This friend of mine is actually called Self Love,  but roams around with me in a veil called Self Respect. True Self Respect normally is my enemy and also the enemy of my best friend Ego. This is because Self Respect will not let me or my friend - Ego, harm or insult the person whose self respect we try to slash down. Self love my dear friend enjoys degrading others and always parades around like Self Respect. 

The following poem describes me best!

I am the best
Leave the rest
I am Pride
To eliminate me
People have tried
But I stand tall
I will never fall
For I can’t be wrong
As I am strong
Oh! You can call me Proud
For I am Loud
Though in a veil 
I could be,
And you will fail
To recognize me!
~~~Crystal David John
(I had sent this for publication to the Light of Life on 11/7/13. They have not published it so far so today - 25/8/14 I am posting it on my blog)


No comments:

Post a Comment